Friday, April 2, 2010

Education Futures Open Course

How many times have  I failed for lack of time, work overload, my eyes being bigger than what I could accomplish? How many times have I promised myself to go until the end when I join some online endeavour? How many times have I failed to keep my promises and my wishes of professional development taken to another level?

Many. Tons.

Once again, I'll try. If I fail, I'll keep moving and doing what I can. However, I won't regret not having tried.

I always read George Siemens newsletter, I've lurked in other of his Future of Education courses and seminars. On a Friday morning, holy one, by the way, I'll once again try it, but with a stronger will to move forward, to think about what the future holds for me and my profession, to search for new opportunities and possibilities in language teaching, to connect to like-minded educators, to network, share and learn.

I'm ready.
http://edfutures.com/courseschedule

Anybody willing to join me?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are ready, Carla, and you make it sound SO tempting. But I am resolved to catch up on other work now through the summer, and am trying to say "no" as much as possible to exciting opportunities like this.

    Best wishes to you on your journey. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience and equally sure you'll enrich others' experiences.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Holly, I totally understand what you mean! As I mentioned, so many times I started and couldn't keep going. I'll try once more, though I have a lot on my plate.

    What kind of projects are you working on?

    It was a pleasure to meet you f2f in Boston!!!

    Miss you all already.

    ReplyDelete

Conversations are sparklers for deepening thoughts and maturing ideas. Share, connect, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. To follow up on the comments here, click on the "subscribe via email" below the comment box, on the right.