Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cool Tool of the Week - Toon Doo



I've been a fan of Toon Doo creations, but just as a mere spectator of its creative uses mainly for pedagogical purposes.

Above is my little share for a new course I'm designing.

In fact, one very very cool use of Toon Doo was shared with me as part of my friends' final course project in the WebTools4Educators session I was moderating. Students are to create comics to make idioms and phrasal verbs visual!




Lots of ideas are popping up in my mind to use Toon Doo with my teens?

How about you? Have you tested it? Do you have any examples to share? How would you use it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla,

    Comics are a great way to engage and motivate students to learn. If you're interested in creating comics online, also check out Pixton.

    Design every aspect of your character, and move it into any pose you want. All you have to do is click-and-drag to change or reposition any part of it - the creative and artistic possibilities are endless!

    Share with others, post to your blog or remix comics to add your own twist. Read comics in over 40 languages, with our automatic translation by Google. Language filters, privacy settings, and flagging mechanisms help preserve a safe online environment.

    Try it out and let us know what you think. Sign-up is free!

    thanks,
    Clive
    Creator of Pixton - Interactive Web Comics

    ReplyDelete

Conversations are sparklers for deepening thoughts and maturing ideas. Share, connect, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. To follow up on the comments here, click on the "subscribe via email" below the comment box, on the right.